Woolworths Gold Credit Card Full review!
If you want a card that can not only give you good cashback but some insurance as well, take a look at this beauty!
2% Cashback on all buys in Woolworths!
Thank you for visiting our in-depth review of the Woolworths Gold Credit Card!
You’ve come to the correct place if you enjoy shopping at Woolworths or are simply looking for a credit card that provides excellent value and exclusive bonuses. In this in-depth investigation, we’ll look at every aspect of the Woolworths Gold Credit Card.
Join us as we examine the extensive list of features that this credit card offers, such as cashback points, travel insurance, flexible repayment choices, and access to premium savings through the WRewards program.
We’ll also address any issues, go through any potential negatives, and contrast this card with other well-liked choices on the market.
Whether you’re a Woolworths regular or looking to improve your credit card experience, our evaluation will aid in your choice.
How does the card work?
Operating as a personal credit card, Woolworths’ Gold Credit Card was produced in collaboration with Absa.
This credit card is accepted at all merchant locations that accept Visa cards, both domestically and abroad.
The Woolworths Gold Credit Card’s unique rewards program, which provides users with a number of advantages, is its standout feature.
With the exception of transactions made at Woolworths Engen garages, cardholders who use the Woolworths Gold Credit Card to make purchases at Woolworths stores receive 2% cashback in the form of WRewards vouchers every quarter.
Additionally, cardholders get 0.75% payback in WRewards certificates for purchases made elsewhere.
When using the credit card to make a purchase, an automatic WREWARDS membership is included, giving you an additional 5% off WREWARDS merchandise.
Along with interest-free repayments on gasoline purchases for up to 55 days, using the credit card for fuel purchases also entitles you to a 1% rebate in the form of WRewards certificates.
With flexible repayment choices and terms ranging from 6 months to 60 months, the Woolworths Gold Credit Card enables cardholders to make monthly payments as little as R300.
The monthly service cost for the Woolworths Gold Credit Card is either R37.32 for accounts opened prior to May 1, 2017, or R50.43 for accounts opened following this date. Depending on the service mode selected, costs for cash advances can range from R7 to R50 at ATMs supported by ABSA or over-the-counter.
You will be redirected to another website
What are the benefits of the Woolworths Gold Credit Card?
Obtaining a Woolworths Gold Credit Card has a number of alluring advantages:
- Cashback: Through WRewards quarterly coupons, get 2% back on Woolworths purchases to maximize savings on everyday shopping.
- Cash advances are available at any ATM that accepts Visa cards, giving you more financial flexibility when you need it.
- Travel Insurance: For foreign flight ticket purchases made using the card, travelers under 75 years old are provided with basic travel insurance coverage.
- Flexible Repayment: You can choose to spread out the balance’s repayment over a period of six to sixty months, depending on your needs.
- Balance Protection Insurance: Provides peace of mind by covering unpaid balances in the event of a serious sickness, incapacity, layoff, or death.
What are the possible disadvantages?
- High Absa ATM Transaction costs: Depending on the desired mode of service, using the credit card for cash advances at ABSA ATMs might result in relatively high transaction costs, ranging from R7 to R50.
- High Monthly Service Cost: Depending on when the account was opened, the credit card’s monthly service cost ranges from R37.32 to R50.43. Even though the cost of a gold credit card in South Africa is modest, some applicants might think it is excessive when compared to other credit card possibilities.
- Limited Accessibility for Deposits and Withdrawals: The Woolworths Gold Credit Card does not permit deposits or withdrawals at Woolworths stores, in contrast to some other credit cards. For cardholders who prefer in-person purchases at the store, this could be inconvenient.
Wanna look at how to apply?
If you think this card can suit your needs, make sure to look at our other article!
Not only are we going to talk about the application process, but also who can apply for the card. Take a look!
Apply at Pep’s – Up to R 9 545 per month as a Store Manager!
If you are looking to work at PEP, check out this article, where we talk about some important aspects and the application process.Keep Reading
Applying for a personal loan at Investec!
read this article if you want to apply for a personal loan at a respectable and well-known compan with an excellent customer service!Keep Reading
Applying to a performance management course – A nice approach in the workplace!
If you want to get better communication skills, goal-setting skills, and better results, you should learn how to apply for this course!Keep Reading
You may also like
Becoming an African Rainbow employee – R 364 462 a year as the average salary!
ARM is an amazing company where you can learn a lot and gain a lot in the mining industry! Check out our full review!Keep Reading
Applying at FHI 360 – ₦3,088,221 per year can be your salary!
If you are looking to apply for an organization with such a noble mission, then learn how to apply at FHI 360 in this article!Keep Reading
Applying for a course about Data Integration and processing
Learn how to use the power of big data sets so you can take better decisions and anchieve incredible results!Keep Reading